COVID 19 Safety Measures
I would like to keep you informed about the measures I am taking to comply with the government guidelines re Covid 19. I already have strict hygiene practices, but I am implementing extra measures to ensure that I can keep myself and all my clients as safe as possible.
What will I be doing?
Fortunately, I am in complete control of my working environment and therefore able to greatly minimise the risks regarding the spread of the virus.
In addition to my usual hand washing, clean laundry for every client, and room cleaning routines, I will have the following measures in place.
1. The doorbell will be cleaned just before you are due to arrive (you can always text me to let me know you at the door)
2. I will wear a face mask and a clear face visor
3. I will open and close all the doors
4. Our chairs will be situated at least 2 metres apart
5. The bathroom will be cleaned between all clients including clean hand towels, and cleaning soap dispensers etc
6. Separate hand towels for therapist and client
7. I will clean my phone and pay machine between all clients
8. You have the option of paying by bank transfer before your treatment if you prefer (I will not be accepting cash)
9. Laundry will be washed following guidelines set out by the government for decontamination in non-health care settings
10. Samples will not be available for you to pick up and test but I will happily give you samples where possible
11. Your actual treatment will not really change
12. You will notice that I have changed the lay out of my treatment room to facilitate quick and easy cleaning
Here are some of the things I will be asking you to do:
1. Do not attend your appointment if you are suffering from any of the symptoms of Covid 19.
I will give you a ring the day before your appointment to check how you are and you can bring me up to date with your health. I would normally do this at the beginning of your appointment. This will also give us a chance to confirm you have no covid symptoms.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
2. Clients to wash their hands on entering and leaving the treatment room.
This is accepted good practice to minimise the spread of the virus.
3. No food or drink to be consumed in the treatment room other than water.
To minimise the risks of cross infection I will ask all my clients to bring their own bottle of water.
4. You must wear a mask unless you are exept for medical reasons. You do not need to wear a mask when you are lying face down on the treatment couch.